Sunday, January 8, 2012

Placing Flowers

It's been almost three years since putting words to heart, heart to writing. I wasn't sure if I would ever find the place where the ground was solid enough to sit, where the quiet was silent enough to hear, where I could withstand my own reflection, or recognize myself again. But now the sun is setting, and through the internal fog and fright, I have found a seat.

Flowers at the temple door. This line wrote itself inside my falling frame and held me in thin air while a body of loss fell off my bones. Before there was a temple, before I knew anything about where I was....flowers at the feet of the temple door. That's where I wanted to wake up after this lifetime of a cycle ended. That's where I think I am. But it will take days and possibly years to bring it all into view. That's ok. For now, I place the flowers down to rest upon blades of grass so green and moist that I happily steady my gaze there. Words are a lot from this place, but I love the journey too much to keep it to myself.

3 comments:

  1. see. there's your voice. strong and lovely as always. beautiful, friend. love your vision of the world and your language in speaking it. thank you for sharing again. so proud of you.

    you had me with the second sentence... "a place where the quiet is silent enough to hear." indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply beautiful, a gift to read your words again! So glad you can hear yourself again - so much to be said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These words are worth the wait.
    So often these years I have wondered what you would think or write or say about this or that. I am happy to read you again.

    :)

    ReplyDelete